Avena Foods Ltd.
Avena Foods Limited, founded in 2008 by a group of pedigreed seed farmers, is the premier supplier of Purity Protocol, fully traceable, pure, gluten-free (<5ppm) oat ingredients to the food and beverage industries. Now merged with Best Cooking Pulses, a Canadian agrifoods company active in the international pulse trade since 1936, Avena also offers the Best Food Ingredients pulse flour and fiber ranges, as well as Best Cooking Pulses split peas and whole pulses. All facilities are Non-GMO, Kosher and organic certified.
Avena Foods offers:
1. Purity Protocol Ingredients 'Start safe, stay safe’
Avena Foods is the premier supplier of Purity Protocol certified gluten-free (<5ppm) oat ingredients to the food and beverage industry. Sustainably grown and harvested from pedigreed non-GMO seed, these pure oat ingredients are fully traceable right back to the farmer and field. Avena Foods Purity Protocol milling facility is FSSC 22000 certified with uncompromising food safety and quality programs. This includes comprehensive testing protocols for gluten (every tote) and peroxidase. Micros and nutritionals are tested as requested. Avena Purity Protocol gluten-free oat ingredients are gluten-free (GFCO certified), Non-GMO Project verified, halal available, and Kosher and certified-organic (COS), and packaged in either 2,000lb totes or 50lb bags with a shelf life of 18 months.
2. Best Food Ingredients ‘Healthy diets and a sustainable world’
For thirty-five years Best Food Ingredients have been specialty milled with a proprietary process for sale into food, beverage, and nutraceutical markets across the globe. Sustainably grown on the prairies, these pulses and oats are traceable right back to the farm. The Avena Foods Best milling facility is BRC GFSI (AA) certified with uncompromising food safety and quality programs. A certificate of analysis, with micro and allergen testing (as required), is provided with each lot. Best Food Ingredients are clean-label, free of labeled allergens, non-GMO, kosher certified, halal approved, and available conventional and certified-organic (COS). Packaged in either 2,000lb totes or 50lb bags, these ingredients have a shelf life of two years.
3. Best Cooking Pulses ‘Bringing the best of the prairies to the world’
Milling naturally polished split peas and whole pulses, CGC HACCP certified. Certified-organic for over 27 years.
Product Applications include:
- Baking, cereal-based and gluten-free (bread, crackers, quick breads, pancakes, cookies, muffins, brownies, other sweet goods)
- Bars and clusters (cold pressed, soft baked, and extruded)
- Snacks (extruded)
- Beverages and desserts (wet or dry)
- Oat-Based Cereals (oatmeal, extruded cereal, granola, infant cereal)
- Batters, breading, and processed meats
- Spice blends
- Nutraceuticals (prebiotics)
- AOAC International
- Institute of Food Technologists (IFT)
- Organic Trade Association (OTA)