Baobab Oil is organic and cold pressed from the seeds of the Baobab fruit. The newly pressed oil is immediately filtered to help clarify the oil. Our Baobab Oil has not undergone any further refinement or processing and has no additives. We are proud to say that our oil is 100% pure.
Fatty acid breakdown:
- Oleic acid (Omega 9): 23-44%
- Linoleic acid (Omega 6): 25-37%
- Linolenic acid (Omega 3): 0.2-3.0%
- Palmitic acid: 18-30%
- Stearic acid: 1.5-6.0%
Skin Care Benefits
Baobab Oil is packed with nutrients and minerals providing a wide range of skin care benefits. It nourishes the epidermis of the skin, the outermost layer of the skin that provides a waterproof barrier and creates our skin tone. This has the effect of softening the skin and giving it greater elasticity. It is used as an effective treatment for stretch marks helping to reduce their appearance. It can also help with a range of skin disorders including eczema, sunspots and psoriasis.
The properties of Baobab Oil are:
- Antioxidant – protects skin from free radical damage.
- Anti-Inflammatory – high content of omega fatty acids.
- Excellent moisturizer for the skin.
- Promotes rejuvenation of skin cells.
- Promotes wound healing.
- Protects the skin from excessive high and low temperatures.
- Stays moist for a long time.