BSCG CERTIFIED DRUG FREE®
CERTIFICATION AND TESTING FOR BANNED SUBSTANCES AND ILLICIT DRUGS IN DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS AND NATURAL PRODUCTS
BSCG Certified Drug Free® offers the gold standard when it comes to certification and testing for banned substances and illicit drugs in dietary supplements and natural products. Our certification and testing for banned substances and illicit drugs in dietary supplements and natural products can be applied at any level of the industry including finished products, raw materials / ingredients, and manufacturing facilities. The BSCG Certified Drug Free® program protects against the presence of banned substances in sport; like those on the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Prohibited List, as well as other prescription, over-the-counter and illicit drugs. The BSCG Certified Drug Free® program offers security to athletes and professionals across the spectrum of WADA, NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, WNBA, PGA, LPGA, MLS, ATP, WTA, CFL, FIFA, FINA, AFL, NRL, NASCAR, UFC, CrossFit, NCAA, military, law enforcement, first responder, and other drug-testing programs. BSCG Certified Drug Free® program details and the process for certification and testing for banned substances and illicit drugs in dietary supplements and natural products is outlined below for finished products, raw materials / ingredients, or manufacturing facilities.
FINISHED PRODUCTS – BSCG CERTIFIED DRUG FREE® – DETAILS AND PROCESS
BSCG Certified Drug Free® certification program offers the maximum drug-testing and toxicology protection to athletes and other elite professionals like police, fire, military, and others who want to ensure their supplements are free of drugs that are prohibited in sport and other prescription, OTC or illicit drugs. Finished products are tested for our full menu of 485+ drugs (274+ drugs banned in sport and 211+ drugs not banned in sport). A 21 C.F.R. 111 Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) quality control process review, ingredient and supplier review and a toxicology assessment are other key elements. Ongoing testing is required with occasional off-the-shelf random testing included.
- Finished production lots are tested for more than 485 drugs (274+ banned in sport and 211+ prescription, over-the-counter, or illicit drugs).
- Every finished batch, or one batch monthly, must be certified with random blind sampling of participating products.
- Testing of off-the-shelf finished products is conducted by BSCG at random.
- Toxicology review and ingredient evaluation.
- 21 C.F.R. 111 – GMP quality control process review.
- Certified products listed by finished lot number on the Banned Substances Control Group (BSCG) Certified Drug Free®database.
- Supplement company included on BSCG Certified Drug Free® Clients page and marketing materials.
- BSCG Certified Drug Free® seal can be used in product manufacturer marketing materials subject to BSCG approval.
- BSCG Certified Drug Free® supplement certification program seal can be used on certified product packages.