Earthlight® Mushroom Powder
WHERE THE WORLD IS GOING NEXT FOR VITAMIN D
A cost-effective, vegan, whole food source that won’t affect your taste or texture
Earthlight Mushroom Powder is an ingredient that can help you add ‘good’, ‘excellent’ or ‘high potency’ source claims to a variety of products – cost-effectively. But the exciting news about Earthlight is that it is a vegan, whole food source of Vitamin D that will give you consumer friendly labels and won’t affect the organoleptic properties of your formulations.
- Non-GMO, whole food mushroom powder
- 40,000 IU of Vitamin D per gram – independently verified
- 100% DV (400 IU) from just 10 milligrams
- Low use levels offer excellent economics
- Won’t affect the organoleptics of formulations
- Consumer-friendly, clean label ingredient
- Organic grades available
- Made in the USA
Whole food nutrition: a trend that’s here to stay
First it was ‘natural’. Then it was ‘clean label’. And increasingly, ’vegetarian’ or ‘vegan’. Today’s answer to all of these consumer preferences is ‘whole food’ nutrition. A recent survey showed that sixty percent of consumers strongly like the idea of getting their nutrition from foods with naturally occurring health benefits versus only 21% who say they like the idea of getting it from fortified products (IFIC, 2013b).
Earthlight Whole Food Vitamin D is a powder from mushrooms grown under USDA Good Agricultural and Good Handling Practices. A patented production process allows Earthlight to deliver 40,000 IUs of Vitamin D in a single gram.
Consumers are tuning in to the need for Vitamin D
Vitamin D is hot right now. The recent USDA Dietary Guidelines designated Vitamin D as a ‘shortfall’ nutrient. Throughout North America, doctors are telling their patients to get more Vitamin D at a higher rate than ever before.
At the same time, with consumers opting for cleaner labels and more natural, wholesome ingredients, companies are concerned about working with animal-based sources of Vitamin D or highly processed extracts that might not be considered wholesome.
- A recent NHANES study indicated that 94% of U.S. adults are not consuming adequate amounts of Vitamin D.
- From 2008 to 2010, the number of doctor diagnoses for Vitamin D deficiency tripled in the USA.
- Every day, new research is being developed that points to the importance of adequate levels of Vitamin D in managing health in areas like bone health, immunity, blood sugar health, cardiovascular disease, eye health and more.
Claims possible with Earthlight
If you’re already using Vitamin D in your formulations, here’s a chance to switch to a clean label whole food source. If you’re not offering Vitamin D…Earthlight can help you capitalize on a hot trend with a great ingredient that can support strong positioning.
It’s natural. It’s truly vegan. It is non-GMO. It’s whole food!