What is Etenia™?
Etenia™ is an E-number free enzymatically treated potato starch and can be declared starch in Europe and maltodextrin in the rest of the world. Etenia™ offers a new way of texturizing, gelling and thickening products. It creates delicious guilt-free indulgent products and enables major cost-savings in fresh cheese, cream cheese, quark and strained yoghurt.
How does Etenia™ work?
During processing dairy, bakery and confectionary products or emulsified low fat spreads, Etenia™ can easily be added to the process. Therefore, it’s easy to use. Besides, it has thermoreversible characteristics, is vegetarian, Kosher and Halal.
Key features of Etenia:
- Creaminess enhancement
- Mouthfeel/fat replacement
- Kosher and Halal
- Dosage levels advantages
- Hydrocolloid like characteristics
- Unique thermoreversible characteristics
- Excellent ‘melt-in-the-mouth’ characteristics
- Ease of use/processability
- Sustainable and stable supply
- Consistency of supply and quality
Potato starch application examples:
- Dairy: Reducing fat, retaining taste, stabilizing shelf life and syneresis reduction of fresh cheese. Enhancing creaminess and reducing fat in ice cream. Enhancing creaminess and texturizing in fat-free, low- and high fat yoghurts.
- Confectionary: Chewable and textured fruit chews. Vegetarian, low sugar and low cost gums and jellies.
- Bakery goods: Cake mixes, doughs.
- Emulsified low fat spreads