What is a flat pouch (aka 2 or 3-sided seal)?
The flat pouch gets its name from being completely flat with no gussets. It may also be referred to as a two-sided or three-sided seal pouch depending on the number of finished seals. This format is highly popular for one-time use products such as condiments and sauces, however, you can add a reclosable zipper to make the pouch reusable.
Flat-bottom bag applications
The flat pouch can be used for many food packaging and retail applications. Some of the most common and popular markets include:
- Coffee and tea: fraction (frack) packs
- Nuts and dried fruit: snack size
- Rice and grains: sacks
- Snack foods: individual servings
- Baked goods: wraps, pita bread
- Health and beauty: sample sizes
- Pet food: pet food treats, sample sizes