Super-rich in anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids, and abundant in lignans that offer powerful antioxidant effects, flaxseeds can be considered one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. These shiny and nutty seeds that come from the flax plant have an earthy aroma and possess various benefits.*
What Can Flaxseeds Do For You?
Two of the most important nutrients in flaxseeds are omega-3s and lignans. One tablespoon of ground flaxseeds contains 1.8 grams of omega-3s. And they contain 75 to 800 times more lignans than other plant foods. Also, flaxseeds contain fiber, both soluble and insoluble. While the omega-3s fight inflammation and boost heart health. And the fiber improves digestive health.
Benefits Of Flaxseeds
- High in Fiber but Low in Carbs
- High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Helps Make Skin and Hair Healthy
- Helps Lower Cholesterol and Treat Hyperlipidemia
- High in Antioxidants (Lignans)
- Supports Digestive Health
- May Help with Weight Loss
- Helps Decrease Menopausal and Hormonal Imbalance Symptoms