Iya Foods Premium Cassava Flour, Gluten-Free, Kosher certified, Paleo.
- Only one ingredient–100% Raw Cassava(Yuca) Root
- A great alternative flour great for all your flour needs
- Certified Gluten Free
- Delicious vegan paleo flour
- Non-gmo cassava sourced from indigenous farming communities
- Produced exclusively in certified state of the art cassava facility
- Free from grain, gluten, preservatives, additives.
- No added color, nothing artificial ever!
- For cooking, baking, pastries, waffles, pancakes & more
What is Cassava Flour?
Cassava also known as Yuca/Yucca or Manioc is root from the cassava plant. It is similar to yams, potato, taro. Native Africa, South America and Asia; cassava flour is very fine, soft and has a neutral taste. It works better for binding than other whole-food-plant-based flours, which means gluten-free bakers can bake goods that hold together with less reliance on gums and other starches.
2. How is our cassava flour made?
We use only whole yuca root of the cassava plant. We utilize a state-of-the-art cassava dedicated facility only.
3. Why should I use cassava flour?
Cassava flour is now one of the top gluten free, Paleo flours in the United States. Already popular in many South America, Asian and Africa cultures, Cassava Flour is the go-to green alternative to regular flour for people looking for healthier, paleo, grain-free, gluten-free and plant-based diets. To put it simply Cassava flour is better for you.
4. Is Tapioca same thing as cassava flour?
No. Cassava flour and tapioca flour are different things even though some use the terms interchangeably. Tapioca is a starch extracted from cassava root while cassava is the entire root with all it nutrients and dietary fiber still intact.
5. Is cassava flour gluten-free?
Yes Cassava flour is Gluten Free. It is also free from grain, and nuts. It is vegan, paleo and Iya Foods Cassava Flour is also Kosher certified.
6. How do you bake with cassava flour?
You can swap cassava flour in approx. 0.8:1 ratio when substituting wheat flour or all-purpose flour.