Nutraceutical and Functional Food Adulteration
Intertek provides analytical support in the detection of ingredient adulteration throughout a product’s life cycle. Through our extensive expertise and analytical capabilities, we work to prevent the adulteration of nutraceuticals and functional foods, ensuring regulatory compliance and product safety.
In addition to testing and analysis, we also provide regulatory and scientific auditing services to support supply chain processes and product life cycles.
Our extensive expertise in food adulteration includes as examples:
- Herbal supplements adulterated with impotency drug ingredients
- Weight loss dietary supplements adulterated with drug ingredients
- Food and protein products adulterated with Melanine and derivatives
- Gingko extract adulteration
- Saw palmetto oil adulteration
- Chondrotin sulfate and bone health product adulteration