- Cabot's original home founded in 1919.
- 250 Vermonters employed to make, cut, wrap and distribute Cabot products.
- Milk from Vermont and a few New Hampshire farms expertly crafted by cheese makers with collectively over 150 years experience into Specialty VT Cheddars, Flavored and Light Cheeses and Cultured products as well as Greek-Style Yogurt, Cottage Cheese and Sour Cream.
- Valuable whey proteins are saved and shipped daily to the Middlebury plant.
- Our 8 oz. cheddar cheese line runs six times faster than the chocolate line featured in the classic "I Love Lucy" sit-com.
- Our trucks can boast 99.9% accuracy for shipments going all over the country in collaboration with several local and regional haulers of milk and product.
- Our Visitors Center and Tour is a popular destination for neighbors & travelers with over 10 types of cheese sampled.
- Home to America's second oldest cheese company in continuous operation, McCadam Cheese.
- Almost 100 New Yorkers are employed to make New York Cheddar, Muenster, and a variety of other cheeses crafted from the milk of neighboring upstate NY farms including some of the region's growing Amish communities.
- The Farm & Country store represents one of the few places in the region where farmers can get cheese and supplies and neighbors can catch-up on the business of agriculture.
- Almost 120 Vermonters make cheddar every day of the week in three shifts from neighboring farms' milk.
- Much of Cabot's inventory is stored on site here.
- Middlebury concentrates all the whey liquids from this plant and Cabot in order to make the best whey proteins available anywhere.
- Whey proteins make their way to every continent in the world.
West Springfield, MA
- Over 70 Massachusetts team members collaborate daily to produce skim milk, butter, nonfat dry milk powder, condensed milk, condensed butter milk, cream and cream-milk blends.
- Milk from the entire region is 'balanced' here to make sure there is a profitable home for ALL farmers' milk – not just the farmers of Agri-Mark.
- Milk can be separated into valuable powder and skim milk used by every dairy manufacturer in the region.